Are you owning Moto G5S or G5S Plus and want to make some customisations ? Then get ready. In this article you will get to know How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Moto G5S | Plus.
Moto G5S is one of the powerful and Feature loaded Android Smartphone when it comes about mid-range smartphones. It was launched in August 2017. It comes with 4GB of RAM, 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm snapdragon 430 processor, and 64GB internal storage. It has 16MP primary camera 5MP front facing camera with LED flash. Moto G5S Plus has some more extra hardware features like 13+13MP dual back camera with Dual LED Flash and 8MP front facing camera with flash; 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB.
Now, let’s move over the topic. So, if you want to make changes in your Motorola device, then your device must have unlocked bootloader. Once Bootloader get unlocked, you can install TWRP and Root Moto G5S | Plus. In order to do the things, follow the below instructions carefully.
Guide To Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Moto G5S | Plus
Below is the complete guide on How to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Moto G5S | Plus. Rather than this, we have discussed about some benefits that you can enjoy after Unlocking Bootloader on your Moto G5S or G5S Plus.
Before you go through the instructions, we would like to inform you that we don’t recommend you to do any of such stuffs with your device, because it can harm your phone and stuck it. So, be careful. Once you have made the decision, you can proceed to the pre-requisites and then to the instructions.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader, TWRP and Rooting Your Moto G5S | Plus
Yes, there are number of benefits or you can say advantages of Unlocking Bootloader, TWRP and Rooting Your Moto G5S | Plus. Few of them are listed below:
- Remove Bloatwares.
- Enhance your device performance.
- Flash ZIPs and other files.
- Install Custom ROMs.
- And many other customisation and Tweaks.
Now, I am pretty sure that you would definitely like to do the geeky things with your device too. So, let’s get started after going through the pre-requisites.
In order to do the things with your Moto G5S and G5S Plus, be prepared with the below points:
- Take a Backup of your android smartphone. Because this process will completely erase your device data.
- Charge your Moto G5S to sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden hiccups during the process.
- Make sure to Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging Mode.
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot: Click Here.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Moto G5S | Plus
Make sure you have downloaded Minimal ADB and Fastboot driver and extracted on your desktop.
- Boot your Moto G5S or G5S Plus into Fastboot mode. To do so, follow the below steps:
- First of all, Power OFF your device.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
- Release the buttons, once you enter into the Fastboot mode.
- Connect your smartphone to PC/Laptop using USB cable.
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the ADB files and then hold Shift key and right click anywhere on the desktop, then click on Open Command Prompt Here.
- Now, type the following command and hit enter:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
The returned string will be used to retrieve your unlock key. A example is shown below:
On a Windows Desktop, the returned string format would be $ fastboot oem get_unlock_data (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000 On a Mac OS Desktop, the returned string format would be INFO0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 INFO30373731363031303332323239#BD00 INFO8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 INFO1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 INFO0000000
- Go to: Moto Bootloader Unlock and agree to the terms and conditions. Then, sign-up or login account.
- Once you have successfully logged in, paste the returned string without (Bootloader), INFO and Spaces. It should be look like this:
- Tick on “I Agree” button to get Unlock Code. (If everything will be alright, you’ll receive an e-mail with your Unlock Code.)
- Launch CMD and type the following commands and hit enter:
fastboot oem unlock [Unlock Code Here]
- Now, a warning will appear on your CMD screen to confirm the action, so type the same command again and hit enter.
- Finally, at last type the following command to reboot your Moto G5S or G5S Plus:
Done! Now, your Moto G5S or G5S has Unlocked Bootloader. To Install TWRP on Moto G5S | Plus, proceed further.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Moto G5S | Plus
In order to install TWRP on Moto G5S or G5S Plus, make sure that your device has unlocked bootloader and don’t forget to download latest TWRP from the Download section above.
- Navigate to the ADB files location and open CMD (You can also directly go to CMD and enter the ADB location).
- Now, type the following command in command prompt and hit enter:
flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-sanders.img
- Once it is done, run the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
That’s it. Now, your device has TWRP installed. Once the reboot will be finished, the device will boot in recovery Mode. So, at this time if you want to Root your Moto G5S | Plus, then follow the instructions given below.
Steps To Root Moto G5S | Plus
In order to Root Moto G5S or G5S Plus, your device must have unlocked bootloader and TWRP Installed and . If it is, proceed to the below instructions:
- Power OFF your Moto device.
- Once it is switched Off, Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously untill you see a booting screen. Afterword release the buttons.
- Now, you are in TWRP Mode. So, select “Wipe” from the TWRP menu and Swipe the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Go back, Select “Install” and select Magisk zip file.
- Finally, swipe to Flash. Once it is done, go back and select reboot.
Done. Now, your device is successfully Rooted. If you have any problem or query regarding rooting, then feel free to drop a comment. I hope you enjoyed the article, so please do share with others too.